eCaster Pty Ltd (herein after called eCaster) appreciates and respects your individual privacy. We recognize that some people have concerns about the performance of online technology and how their personal information will be stored and used. This policy has been created to reflect our commitment to privacy and our adoption of the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection of Personal Information
eCaster collects a variety of information, which is essential to provide an effective service for you and our network members. The information will be collected by fair and lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. The information collected includes:
- Personal contact details about you such as your name, address, phone numbers, email addresses etc.
- Personal profile information about you such as age, gender, height, weight, ethnicity, personal skills etc.
- Still images, video and audio files.
- Statutory information such as Tax File Numbers, ABNs, Super memberships, Bank account details etc.
- Communications (by email, discussion forums or other means which pass through the www.ecaster.com.au web site) between yourself and other eCaster network members.
- Agents and Casting Professionals “private notes” about you. Agents and Casting professionals may add private notes about you to assist them in the casting selection process. These notes are private and are only ever visible to the agent or casting professional who entered the note against your profile in the www.ecaster.com.au web site.
- Your resume information detailing work history, training and accolades.
The type of information collected may also include personal information such as ethnicity, union membership and other sensitive information as defined by the Privacy Act 1988. eCaster will not release sensitive information without the consent of the individual or there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or the use is required by law, or the collection is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim.
Where practical, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services and it may also reduce the effectiveness of our services to you.
How is the Information Collected
The information is collected as part of the eCaster network registration process and is provided by you or your agent either on line or in written form. You and/or your agent can update all personal information at any time.
How is your Information Used?
The www.ecaster.com.au web site stores this information and provides a system to:
- Assist artists to better market and manage themselves. Your profile information is posted on the www.ecaster.com.au web site and is used to promote you to other eCaster network members. As such it may be viewed by individuals anywhere in the world.
- Assist agents to better manage the artist booking and accounting process.
- Assist casting professionals to better search for artists, their agents and cast their projects.
- Promote the site, artists and agents to qualified casting professionals.
- Contact information is used to communicate with you. This includes forwarding messages to you directly or via your agent and to invoice and collect subscription fees from you.
- Conduct appropriate credibility verifications.
- Other information provided by you is used to better understand our members and to improve the services which are provided to members.
- To identify you to adequately address support queries, system faults and complaints that you may have.
- Allow you access to industry communication forums.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The information collected from you will be treated in strict confidence and will not be disclosed to any third parties, other than those who are contracted members of the www.ecaster.com.au web site, without your prior permission.
We distribute your information to effectively operate the www.ecaster.com.au web site casting system.
eCaster will not otherwise disclose your personal information unless we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights and property of eCaster.
eCaster will only disclose personal information for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection (a secondary purpose) if:
- The secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection, the subject of the information would reasonably expect eCaster to disclose the information for the secondary purpose, and the disclosure is made in the performance of a person's duties as an employee of eCaster; or
- The individual has consented to the disclosure; or
- eCaster reasonably believes that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious imminent threat to an individual's life or health; or
- The disclosure is required or specifically authorized by law; or
- eCaster has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and disclosed the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities. In circumstances where the disclosure may be required or authorized by law, eCaster will ensure that the request for the information is lawful and that personal information is only disclosed to the extent required. Where personal information is disclosed for law enforcement purposes or for the protection of public revenue, eCaster retains a record of disclosure.
Accessing your Personal Information
You can access the information that you have provided us at any time. This information can be easily viewed, edited and updated by utilizing your registration username and password. Alternatively you can contact our customer service department in Brisbane: 1800 684733 or via email: .
How do we keep your Information Safe?
The www.ecaster.com.au web site has been designed with security as a top priority from day one with the focus on protecting and keeping all your personal information confidential. The design of the system adopts the approach of "defence in depth" with multiple layers of security. From the moment you login, all communications with the www.ecaster.com.au web site are secured and encrypted with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. The 128-bit encryption used by eCaster is the industry standard for secure e-commerce and online banking applications. Access to the www.ecaster.com.au web site is restricted to registered users with a valid username and password. eCaster enforces a policy of strong passwords that must be at least 8 charcters long and contain a combination of uppercase/lowercase letters and numbers.
Your personal information is held on secure servers that are protected in a controlled data center in Sydney. The www.ecaster.com.au web site and its data are also stored on a dedicated server which means that the hardware where your personal information is stored is not shared with any other web sites.
In addition, a sophisticated authorization system ensures that whilst you can access the data you require, other users (legitimate or otherwise) cannot.
Our auditing system allows us to identify and track attempts to access the system by unauthorized users.
Agency managers can control their employees' access to sensitivity agency data and functions. For example, the agency administrator can determine which of its employees have access to agency accounting functions and which employees can edit important information about the agency's business.
Agency managers can also protect information about high-profile artists by controlling their visibility to agency employees. If required, access to an artist's details can be restricted so that only their booking agent and the agency manager alone can view or edit their personal information.
Our efforts to protect the confidentiality of your personal information extend beyond technological parameters. All reasonable steps are taken prior to employing personnel to ensure that they are of good fame and character. All employees and contractors of eCaster Pty Ltd have entered into a confidentiality agreement with eCaster Pty Ltd. A condition contained in the confidentiality agreement provides for instant dismissal of any employee who breaches the confidentiality provisions. In addition as most of the employees are members of professional bodies they are also bound to the strict confidentiality provisions provided by the ethical pronouncements of their governing body eg The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
Whilst all efforts are made to protect your personal information from misuse or unauthorized access, eCaster cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, eCaster accepts no responsibility for the misuse or unauthorized access of your personal information.
Trans-border Data Flows
eCaster will not transmit personal data outside ofAustralia unless:
- eCaster reasonably believes that the recipient of the information is subject to a statute, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair information handling that are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles; or
- You consent to the transfer; or
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and eCaster, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in respect to your request; or
- The transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of you and eCaster and a third party; or
- The transfer is for your benefit; and
- It is not practical to obtain your consent; and
- If it were practical to obtain your consent, it would be reasonable to conclude that you would give it; or
- eCaster has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the transferred information will not be collected, held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information in a manner which is inconsistent with these principals.
Calling 1800 684 733
Or writing to
The Privacy Officer
eCaster Pty Ltd
PO Box 2068
New Farm QLD 4005